The ultimate primer on maximizing peak performance
the plant-based way.
CLICK TO ORDER FROM YOUR FAVORITE BOOK STORE:
About the book
The comprehensive, research-based guide for connecting a plant-based diet with peak athletic performance, featuring interviews with professional athletes who’ve made the switch from meat to plants.
The Plant-Based Athlete by Matt Frazier and Robert Cheeke reveals the incontrovertible proof that the human body does not need meat, eggs, or dairy to be strong. Instead, research shows that a consciously calibrated plant-based diet offers the greatest possible recovery times, cell oxidation, injury prevention, and restorative sleep, and allows athletes to train more effectively, with better results.
However, committing to a plant-based diet as an elite athlete, first-time marathoner, or weekend warrior isn’t as simple as swapping vegetables for meat. Even the slightest food adjustments can impact performance. That’s why Matt Frazier, founder of No Meat Athlete, and Robert Cheeke, founder of Vegan Bodybuilding, wrote this groundbreaking book, to guide those interested in making this important shift in how to do so with the best, most transformative results.
The Plant-Based Athlete offers readers:
- A persuasive body of evidence for adopting a plant-based lifestyle, with key information about how macronutrients, micronutrients, and calories fuel a body running on plant foods
- An entire chapter devoted to protein – why plant sources of protein are preferable over meat, and how plant protein can be used to increase strength, muscle mass, and power
- 60+ delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, including Veggie Burger Patties, Garden Meatballs, Summer Pasta Salad, Vegan Mac & Cheese, French Toast, Acai Bowl, and a High-Energy Smoothie — plus meal plans to pull it all together
- Insights from winning plant-based athletes in nearly every sport including champion ultrarunners Rich Roll and Scott Jurek; former NFL player David Carter; champion boxers Yuri Foreman, Unsal Arik, Cam Awesome, and Vanessa Espinoza; and Olympic-level swimmers, cyclists, figure skaters, sprinters, and more.
- A Day in the Life of a Plant-Based Athlete – 25 specific examples of exactly what, when, and how different athletes eat to fuel their varied workouts
An instant classic and mainstay on health and fitness shelves everywhere, The Plant-Based Athlete is the ultimate invitation for joining the growing community of athletes who use plants to power their workouts and their every day.
You’ll get even more when you order The Plant-Based Athlete!
Order now and you’ll get the following bonuses delivered to your inbox shortly after the book hits the shelves (plus immediate access to one of our flagship training plans or meal plan programs):
– 3 Meal Plans Using Recipes from the Book – The muscle gain plan, the fat loss plan, and the sustainably balanced, long-term health plan
– A Live Video Q&A Session with Matt & Robert (we’ll do this shortly after release so you can ask questions about what you’ve read)
– Unreleased Secret Chapter: How to Gain Muscle Fast on a Plant-Based Diet (Even if You’re a “Hard Gainer”)
– Exclusive Accountability Workshop: Our 7 Favorite Hacks for Sticking to the Habits You Need to Thrive (and Ditching the Ones You Don’t)
Plus, the biggest bonus of all: Your choice of ANY ONE of No Meat Athlete’s three flagship products — our very best programs that have helped literally tens of thousands of people achieve their health & fitness goals on a plant based diet. When you pre-order you’ll get instant access to your choice of:
– Plant-Based Muscle and Strength Formula (normally $97) — build muscle, shed fat, and transform your body with a macronutrient-focused meal plan and strength-training program
– Marathon Roadmap 3.0 (normally $67) — conquer your first 26.2-mile race on a plant-based diet (plus half marathon, 10K, and 5K programs!)
– Health Made Simple Meal Plan System (normally $127) — transition to a plant-based diet, or go from “junk-food-vegan” to whole-food, plant-based… all without spending crazy amounts of time (and stress) on food
To claim your bonuses: Just click one of the logos below and send along a screenshot of your receipt to [email protected] with subject line “Bonuses.” Then we’ll send you the instructions to access your bonuses!
CLICK A LOGO TO ORDER THE PLANT-BASED ATHLETE NOW:
SCOTT JUREK, world champion ultrarunner and bestselling author
“All great books plant seeds for transformation. The Plant Based Athlete is one of those books, taking you on a journey of discovering your healthiest, fittest and happiest self. Whether competing at the peak of your sport or reaching for that elusive personal best, Cheeke and Frazier combine the latest science in plant-based nutrition with the fueling strategies of top shelf, plant powered athletes. This is essential reading for getting the most out of sport and life!”
CHLOE COSCARELLI, author of Chloe Flavor
“As a vegan chef, I know that cooking plant-based meals puts the most flavorful and delicious ingredients on my plate, and I also love knowing my body is running on the best fuel nature has to offer. The Plant-Based Athlete explains why fueling our bodies without meat and dairy impacts so many parts of our lives—from mental stamina to physical fitness. Thank you, Matt and Robert, for this important and insightful book. Highly recommended!”
MICHAEL GREGER, MD, author of How Not to Die
"You would be wise to take heed of the advice in this book, as it is essential for creating a lifestyle—not a diet—to improve your athletic capabilities, as well as your overall quality of life."
CALDWELL B. ESSELSTYN, Jr., M.D., author of Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease
"With legendary enthusiasm, optimism and strength, Robert Cheeke and Matt Frazier have forged a masterful volume that can be your lifelong nutritional pathway to optimal health and wellness."
DOTSIE BAUSCH, Olympic silver medalist
"There is no other book like this that covers so much detail about exactly what makes plant-based athletes thrive in sports and in health. From increased energy to improved recovery, a plant-based diet fueled my Olympic medal-winning performance, and The Plant-Based Athlete by Robert Cheeke and Matt Frazier shows how you can reach your athletic potential by harnessing the power of plants. This is a must read."
RIP ESSELSTYN, triathlete and author of The Engine 2 Diet
"Robert and Matt have done a blockbuster job putting together a super comprehensive and digestible playbook for anyone looking to upgrade their health, performance, and life utilizing the power of plants. If you want to add years to your life and life to your performance, run, swim, or bike as fast as you can and pick up a copy of The Plant Based Athlete. Time's a wastin'!"
CYRUS KHAMBATTA, bestselling author of Mastering Diabetes
"For so long the rhetoric in the world of sports nutrition has been that “protein from meat and dairy products is required for optimal performance and recovery” even though the science demonstrates that eating a plant-based diet has ample advantages over a meat-based diet specifically for athletes. Matt Frazier and Robert Cheeke have put together an absolute masterpiece that will no doubt arm millions of plant-minded athletes with the knowledge and confidence to take their performance and recovery to the next level. I highly recommend reading this book to learn the evidence-based science of sports nutrition and challenge the bro-science you may have learned along the way."
TONI OKAMOTO, author of Plant-Based on a Budget
"When I was a young athlete learning about how my food choices would impact my performance, The Plant-Based Athlete is the book I wish I had. This excellent resource welcomes the active, exercise and sports-enthusiasts into the plant-based fold with all the information they need to thrive on plants.”
JOHN ROBBINS, bestselling author of Diet for a New America
"Every once in a while, a new book comes along that inspires readers to want to be their very best. The Plant-Based Athlete is one of those books. With inspirational stories from some of the world's greatest athletes, along with a clear plan to follow to eat and train like world class plant-based athletes, Robert and Matt have delivered a groundbreaking book that is sure to take your fitness to the next level."